An 8-year-old Green girl, who has suffered thousands of seizures, will get a seizure dog thanks to a Musicians for Mobility benefit concert that raised more than $10,000 at Pyrenees Vineyard Saturday. Katie Thompson said today a 7-month old female yellow Labrador retriever was identified today as a potential match for her daughter Kierra Grace. The dog will train for the next six months at the nonprofit Little Angels Service Dogs in Santee, Calif. It will alert Katie Thompson when her daughter is about to have a seizure. “I am so grateful for everybody’s time and effort and all of …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees