The Douglas County AARP Driver Safety Program will offer one class in August. Instructor Steve Barfield will teach the class Aug. 15 at Mercy Community Education Center, 2459 Stewart Parkway. The course is designed for drivers aged 50 and older; however, it’s open to younger drivers and those who are not AARP members. Course fees are $14 per person. AARP members will receive a $2 discount. State law requires auto insurance companies to offer a discount to qualified graduates age 55 and older. Courses are a single six-hour session. Participants must complete the six hours to graduate and receive the …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees