The Roseburg Fire Department evacuated an apartment building after a construction crew broke a natural gas line at the entrance to the Roseburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center on Northwest Garden Valley Boulevard shortly after 10:30 a.m. Friday. Avista workers arrived and shut off the gas. Other businesses in the area were checked for explosive gas limits and no other evacuations were required, according to the Roseburg Fire Department. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees