A Roseburg man who suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound Wednesday at a gun shop has died, according to Roseburg police. Charles Alexander Hanson, 91, of Roseburg died Thursday afternoon at Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend in Springfield. Roseburg police and the Lane County Medical Examiner’s Office are continuing the investigation into the death. Hanson went into the Roseburg Gun Shop, 2405 Diamond Lake Blvd., at about 8 a.m. Wednesday and asked to see a handgun, police said. A shop employee handed Hanson an empty gun, turned around briefly and heard a gunshot. Video from a surveillance camera confirmed no …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees