A 20-year-old Roseburg woman was scraped up but otherwise unharmed Monday morning after she grabbed the tailgate of a moving pickup truck following an argument with her boyfriend. Police say the 21-year-old boyfriend was unaware the woman was behind his pickup when he left their home in the 1800 block of Southeast Starmer Street at 9 a.m. The woman was dragged for a short distance. Her feet and legs were scraped up and she was treated by medical personnel, but was not seriously injured. Police said the evidence suggested no crime was committed. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees