Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber on Friday vetoed a bill that would have provided an avenue for Roseburg High School to keep Indians as its nickname.
Gov. Kitzhaber nixes mascot bill
Trending in: NewsBriefs
- Roseburg High School students reenforce 'R word' ban in Spread the Word to End the Word campaign
- Douglas County parks director Gary Groth turns love of forest into lifetime career
- Local Easter egg hunts and family events | Moms
- Public health advocates turn out in force to second town hall meeting
- Roseburg man flown to Legacy Emanuel with critical injuries after crash