The newly formed Douglas County Safety Association is welcoming new members to its Oct. 9 brown-bag meeting. The group seeks to promote safety for employers, employees and the general public throughout the county. Members will meet from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 311 at the Douglas County Courthouse. The agenda is a roundtable discussion on “Safety Meetings — What Works to Engage the Employees.” Information: 541-440-4844. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees