Three conservation groups will hold a public forum on Oregon & California Railroad trust lands 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Douglas County Museum, 123 Museum Drive, in Roseburg. Umpqua Watersheds, Cascadia Wildlands and Oregon Wild are organizing the panel discussion on the future of the federal forestlands in Western Oregon. The panelists will be economist Ernie Niemi of Natural Resources Economics Inc. in Eugene, Cascadia Wildlands Conservation Director Francis Eatherington, Oregon Wild Field Coordinator Chandra LeGue and Kevin Kohlman of Legacy Vineyards. Patrick Quinn of Umpqua Watersheds will be the moderator. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees