The state senator who represents much of Douglas County has announced he will run for another four-year term. Sen. Floyd Prozanski, D-Eugene, filed paperwork with the Secretary of State’s Office on Thursday. Prozanski represents Sutherlin, Elkton, Drain, Glide, Oakland, Winchester and Yoncalla. Prozanski, a city prosecutor, won election to the state House in 1994 and served for seven years. He has been the District 4 senator since 2003. He is the only candidate to file so far for the office. …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees