A 17-year-old girl kicked and kneed a police officer when he tried to detain her on a bike path along Interstate 5 on Wednesday afternoon, Roseburg police said. The girl and two teenage boys, ages 16 and 17, were on the bike path around 12:30 p.m., police said. When an officer tried to contact the trio, they started leaving and refused to stop. The girl fought with the officer, while the two boys left. They were found a short time later and detained, police said. The two boys were cited on suspicion of second-degree criminal trespassing and interfering with a …
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees