Age 93, of Sutherlin, Oregon, passed away Monday, March 4, 2013, at her home. She was born August 1, 1919, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, to John and Edith Young. Arlene lived in Calabasas, California, Mtn. View, California and Seattle, Washington, prior to moving to Sutherlin in 1998. She enjoyed snow skiing, traveling in their motor home and most of all she enjoyed being with her children. Arlene was a member of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Sutherlin. Survivors include her husband, of 77 years Melvin Horsmann; daughters: Myrna Solmi and her husband Gary; Rae Johnson and her husband Park; six grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. Arlene was preceded in death by her parents and brothers Bert and Jack. A memorial service will held Saturday, March 9, 2013, at 4 p.m. at the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Sutherlin. Pastor Ben Bilan will officiate. Private inurnment will be within the grounds of Valley View Cemetery in Sutherlin. The family would like to thank Home Sweet Home and Kimberly Young for Arlene’s care. Please visit www.sutherlinchapeloftherosesfh.com to sign the online guest book and to leave the family fond memories and condolences. Sutherlin Chapel of the Roses is in charge of arrangements.
ARLENE “MEMA” HORSMANN
- Arts & Entertainment: Roseburg band Hemlock Lane seeks path to success
- Death Notices for May 23, 2013
- Anne Creighton Blodgett: I ditched sugar (to lose that baby weight!)
- Roseburg report stopping driver speeding at more than 100 mph, find marijuana
- California teenager in critical condition after highway crash near Myrtle Creek