An electric heater caused an unoccupied home to catch fire around 3 p.m. Wednesday at 16032 Tiller Trail Highway, fire officials said.
Milo Rural Fire Protection District responded to the blaze and contained the fire within 45 minutes, Fire Chief Don Jeske said.
He described the structure as a five-room, single story house that was being used for storage. The fire was contained to two rooms. No one was injured in the blaze.
Jeske said it would cost approximately $20,000 to repair the damages, but the owners plan to level the structure. He declined to identify the owners.
Firefighters from Milo, Days Creek, Tri City, Riddle and the South Umpqua fire districts responded.