From Roseburg, follow Interstate 5 south and take the first Grants Pass exit at Exit 58. Take Highway 199 (Sixth Street) through downtown Grants Pass and follow the signs for Williams Highway (Highway 238). Follow Highway 238 for 25 miles and turn right onto Upper Applegate Road. Follow the road for 12 miles and park at a wide spot on the right side. The trail sign has fallen down and is not visible from the road. Cross the road and pick up the trail on the other side of a dilapidated livestock gate.
Richard Hikes: Only the stubborn take on Mule Mountain outside Grants Pass
Trending in: Obituaries
- Death Notices for April 20, 2014
- Death Notices for April 18, 2014
- Death Notices for April 17, 2014
- Death Notices for April 15, 2014
- Death Notices for April 9, 2014
- Publisher’s Notebook: Does the BLM think cows are more threatening that tree-sitters?
- A story you'll want to read again | Moms
- Douglas County commissioner race/Crowded field hinders frontrunner’s bid for primary win
- House Republican candidates differ on teaching of evolution
- DeFazio views Superfund site, Formosa Mine