From Roseburg, follow Interstate 5 south and take the first Grants Pass exit at Exit 58. Take Highway 199 (Sixth Street) through downtown Grants Pass and follow the signs for Williams Highway (Highway 238). Follow Highway 238 for 25 miles and turn right onto Upper Applegate Road. Follow the road for 12 miles and park at a wide spot on the right side. The trail sign has fallen down and is not visible from the road. Cross the road and pick up the trail on the other side of a dilapidated livestock gate.
Richard Hikes: Only the stubborn take on Mule Mountain outside Grants Pass
- Update: Names released in fatal accident reported on Highway 38 near Elkton
- South Umpqua student receives national Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Breaking News: Myrtle Creek man dies in car crash on Interstate 5
- Roseburg Basketball Roundup: Girls, boys defeat Thurston
- Pacific Connector pipeline foes in Douglas County consider community bill of rights