Of Winchester, OR, age 40 passed away on Wednesday, February 12, 2014, at Mercy Medical Center as a result of complications from pneumonia. Rick was born on March 21, 1973 in Roseburg, Oregon, at Mercy Medical Center to Norma (Cross) and James A. Cook. His mother, Norma, preceded him in death. He is survived by his sons, Nicholas and Tanner; stepchildren Alysha and Brandon Lafleur; as well as his father, Jim; stepfather, Robert Fields; his brothers, Travis and Tim Cook; and Trampas Fields and Bart Casillas. Rick leaves his grandmothers Lucille Cook and Nona Cook both of Winston as well as numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and friends. There will be a potluck gathering of family and friends at Tenmile Community Center on Saturday, February 22, 2014, from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Arrangements under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel.
Richard James Cook
- Police Log: Honey bees encroach on woman’s property in Sutherlin
- Douglas Education Service District’s Leanne Reynolds a leader in human resources
- Breaking: Two inches falls on Roseburg
- Former Roseburg timber baron, billionaire and Yellowstone Club founder Tim Blixseth jailed in Montana
- Roseburg teen in serious condition; two other county residents on the mend