Of Winchester, OR, age 40 passed away on Wednesday, February 12, 2014, at Mercy Medical Center as a result of complications from pneumonia. Rick was born on March 21, 1973 in Roseburg, Oregon, at Mercy Medical Center to Norma (Cross) and James A. Cook. His mother, Norma, preceded him in death. He is survived by his sons, Nicholas and Tanner; stepchildren Alysha and Brandon Lafleur; as well as his father, Jim; stepfather, Robert Fields; his brothers, Travis and Tim Cook; and Trampas Fields and Bart Casillas. Rick leaves his grandmothers Lucille Cook and Nona Cook both of Winston as well as numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and friends. There will be a potluck gathering of family and friends at Tenmile Community Center on Saturday, February 22, 2014, from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Arrangements under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel.
Richard James Cook
- Myrtle Creek man accused of sexual abuse of a 3-month-old girl is sentenced to 60 months in jail
- Subway sandwiches save students from chronic absenteeism
- Family, classmates grapple with loss of Roseburg teens
- Publisher's Notebook: Appreciating the cost of freedom
- Native American mascot ruling is a 'complete and utter surprise' for Roseburg School District