Of Winchester, OR, age 40 passed away on Wednesday, February 12, 2014, at Mercy Medical Center as a result of complications from pneumonia. Rick was born on March 21, 1973 in Roseburg, Oregon, at Mercy Medical Center to Norma (Cross) and James A. Cook. His mother, Norma, preceded him in death. He is survived by his sons, Nicholas and Tanner; stepchildren Alysha and Brandon Lafleur; as well as his father, Jim; stepfather, Robert Fields; his brothers, Travis and Tim Cook; and Trampas Fields and Bart Casillas. Rick leaves his grandmothers Lucille Cook and Nona Cook both of Winston as well as numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and friends. There will be a potluck gathering of family and friends at Tenmile Community Center on Saturday, February 22, 2014, from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Arrangements under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel.
Richard James Cook
- Ten juveniles cited at weekend house party in Roseburg
- Missing Myrtle Creek man found dead by Coos County Sheriff's Office
- Police log: Suspicious man seen taking pictures on caller's property
- Roseburg woman nearly hits 1-year-old with hammer
- "We're going to have to get this guy" — How a Roseburg man helped subdue a suspected terrorist