Age 87, of Roseburg, Oregon, passed away on Thursday, February 20, 2014. He was born on July 16, 1926, in Wichita, Kansas, to Max and Edna Dort. In his youth Robert moved with his family from Kansas to Riddle Oregon. He graduated from Riddle High School in 1944. He served in the Navy from 1944 - 1946 as a 1st class fireman on the USS MINDANAO-ARG-3. He married his childhood sweetheart, Rose Marie Bishop on February 16, 1947. Together they raised two children, Linda and Rickey. Bob had many professions during his lifetime working in the farming and lumber industries, Vetters Market in Riddle, and as Post Master for the city of Riddle until his retirement in 1988. Bob and Rosie enjoyed square dancing, bowling, camping and fishing. They moved to Myrtle Creek in 1999. He was predeceased by his wife and daughter in 2009 and by his son in 2010. Bob moved to Roseburg in 2013. He will be greatly missed by his surviving family and friends, who will remember him for his friendly disposition and sense of humor. Bob is survived by his sister, Beverly Wagoner; his daughter-in-law; six grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. A Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, February 28, 2014, at Roseburg National Cemetery. Interment will follow at Roseburg National Cemetery.
Robert “Bob” Milton Dort
- Police Log: Intoxicated women cause scene at Riddle store
- Neighbors: Douglas County Jury Coordinator Kimber Bowden shares spunky attitude
- BPA partners with Cow Creek Umpqua Tribe to support Native American domestic-abuse survivors
- Parenting lessons from a viral bullying video | Moms
- Breaking News: Myrtle Creek man dies in car crash on Interstate 5