Age 92, of Myrtle Creek, Oregon, passed away Tuesday, February 25, 2014, at her home. She was born March 16, 1921, in Newkirk, Oklahoma, to Gladys and Alfred Ramsey. LaVerne grew up in Oklahoma and Kansas. On October 7, 1940, in Newkirk, Oklahoma, she married Eddie A. Coate, who preceded her in death on August 11, 2000. The Coate’s moved to California in 1941 and moved to Oregon on May 31, 1951. LaVerne loved to paint, do crafts, crocheting and went hunting and fishing with her family. She was at one time a member of the Rebekah Lodge in Glendale and Cave Junction, Oregon. Survivors include her daughter, Blanche I. Champney of Myrtle Creek and Roy E. Coate of Eugene, Oregon; eight grandchildren, several great-grandchildren and other relatives. LaVerne was also preceded in death by a brother, Alfred Ramsey in 2004 and a half brother, Ivan Dean in 2000. Graveside services will be held Monday, February 3, 2014 at 1:00 pm at Roseburg Memorial Gardens. Pastor Charlie Jordan will officiate. Please add Please visit www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com to leave the family fond memories and condolences.
Ruth Laverne Coate
- Ten juveniles cited at weekend house party in Roseburg
- Missing Myrtle Creek man found dead by Coos County Sheriff's Office
- Roseburg woman nearly hits 1-year-old with hammer
- Police log: Suspicious man seen taking pictures on caller's property
- Healing Waters: Veterans learn that fly fishing may be the best therapy