Was born in Hood River, OR, on Thursday, February 27, 1924, to Paul and Edna VanOsten. He went to school in Hood River, moved to Portland and from there went into the service and was in Paratroopers, but due to medical issues was transferred to the Mechanized Calvary. He was stationed at The Dalles, OR, when he met Danna. They were married in Bastrop, TX, out of Camp Swift Airbase, where he was stationed. From there he was sent to Korea; on his return in 1946 he was honorably discharged. He and his family moved back to Oregon where he worked in several jobs and lived in many areas of the state eventually settling in Roseburg. Bud started racing in the 1950’s and continued through the 1990s. Bud was preceded in death by his mother and father; three sisters; and his son, Paul. He is survived by his wife, Danna; and many good friends as well as several nieces and nephews. A service will be held at the new VA National Cemetery on March 12, 2014, at 2 p.m. A gathering of friends and relatives will be planned for a later date.
Marion (Bud) VanOsten
- Update: Names released in fatal accident reported on Highway 38 near Elkton
- South Umpqua student receives national Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Breaking News: Myrtle Creek man dies in car crash on Interstate 5
- Roseburg Basketball Roundup: Girls, boys defeat Thurston
- Pacific Connector pipeline foes in Douglas County consider community bill of rights