Age 81, a 37 year resident of Sutherlin, Oregon, passed away Wednesday, April 2, 2014, at her home. She was born September 23, 1932 in Long Beach, California, to Herbert and Nina Juhl. Joan was a loving wife and mother. She loved to read, listen to music and playing the piano. Survivors include her husband of 63 years, Cliff Smalley; sons, Mike Smalley (Eileen), Don Smalley (Peter), Jimmy Smalley and Chris Smalley (David); grandchildren, Shawn Smalley (Christy), Jason Smalley (Jessica), Melissa Parsons (Josh) and seven great-grandchildren. Joan was preceded in death by her parents; son, Timmy Smalley (Jimmy’s twin) and brother Jimmy Juhl. Graveside services will be held Sunday, April 6, 2014 at 2 p.m. in the Riddle Cemetery. Pastor Paul Glaznor will officiate. The family would like to thank Cindy, Sara, Rhonda and Nannie for their wonderful care of their wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. Please visit www.sutherlinchapeloftherosesfh.com to leave the family fond memories and condolences.
JOAN SHIRLEY SMALLEY
- Roseburg High School custodian has history as chef for the famous
- Barn owls nest in giant nutcracker in county park
- Signs of the times: Toby Earley twirls his way into hearts and onto 'Tosh.0'
- Running: Winston's Brad Ferner savors Boston Marathon experience
- Roseburg School District announces superintendent selection, Gerry Washburn