Age 96, passed away on Monday, January 13, 2014, He was born on September 5, 1917, in Myrtle Creek, OR, to Pete Ralph Weaver and Mary Ida Gartman. Ronald’s grandfather was Isaac , son of Hans and Harriet Weaver who crossed the plains on a wagon train and settled on a DLC in Myrtle Creek in 1853. P.R. Weaver, Ronald’s father, purchased houses from the army and rebuilt them on land he owned that became the Weaver Addition to Myrtle Creek. Ronald was a heavy equipment operator and worked on many of the dams, bridges, and roads in the county. He was married to Flora Itsue Nagakura who preceded him in death in 2008. He is survived by his son, Milton Weaver; daughters: Yvonne Blydenstein and Shirley Sipler. An interment will be held at the VA Memorial Gardens, Roseburg.
Ronald Lee Weaver
- Fifteen county employees put on leave following missing equipment
- Space heater causes fire in Winchester home
- 23 years later, interest in Fish murder hasn't grown cold
- Fatal shooting on Rice Valley Road justified, says grand jury
- Despite lower graduation rates, some Douglas County schools stay hopeful