Age 96, passed away on Monday, January 13, 2014, He was born on September 5, 1917, in Myrtle Creek, OR, to Pete Ralph Weaver and Mary Ida Gartman. Ronald’s grandfather was Isaac , son of Hans and Harriet Weaver who crossed the plains on a wagon train and settled on a DLC in Myrtle Creek in 1853. P.R. Weaver, Ronald’s father, purchased houses from the army and rebuilt them on land he owned that became the Weaver Addition to Myrtle Creek. Ronald was a heavy equipment operator and worked on many of the dams, bridges, and roads in the county. He was married to Flora Itsue Nagakura who preceded him in death in 2008. He is survived by his son, Milton Weaver; daughters: Yvonne Blydenstein and Shirley Sipler. An interment will be held at the VA Memorial Gardens, Roseburg.
Ronald Lee Weaver
- Roseburg man, 55, dead in confrontation with police
- Douglas Education Service District’s Leanne Reynolds a leader in human resources
- Phoenix School Band Project gives kids outlet, opportunity
- Roseburg’s Carole Hobbs goes big inside for Christmas
- Roseburg’s Kenny Sherman brings Santa alive at Umpqua Valley Festival of Lights