Of Myrtle Creek, Oregon, passed away Tuesday, April 8, 2014, at the age of 70. He was born March 10, 1944, in Neodesha, Kansas, son of Samuel Paul and Geneva Gayle (Howell) Hase. Ron was raised and educated in Neodesha and attended the school for the deaf in Olathe, Kansas. At the age of 18, he moved with family to Oregon, and settled in Douglas County. He was united in marriage to Judy Gash on September 24, 1966, in Reno, Nevada. Ron worked in the forest and lumber industry and later became a welder. While working in the timber industry he became a logging enthusiast. Ron competed in logging events and was a former champion. He helped organize an annual logging event at the Taloali School for the deaf in Stayton, Oregon. He loved the outdoors and was an avid hunter and fisherman. He also enjoyed bowling and was a member of S.O.B.A.D (Southern Oregon Bowling Association for the Deaf). Ron is survived by his wife of over 47 years, Judy of Myrtle Creek. They have two sons, Ron Hase Jr. and Bob Hase, both of Myrtle Creek and two grandchildren, Travis of Washington DC and Aleena of Roseburg, Oregon. Ron has a sister, Nancy Bilyeu of St. Charles, Missouri, and a brother, Mike Hase of Alexandria, Virginia. He was preceded in death by his parents.
Ronald Paul Hase Sr.
- Cable Crossing Fire burning 20 acres near Glide, closes Highway 138E
- Police log: Ex-girlfriend asks to borrow bike for an hour, doesn't return
- Communal effort to restore a stolen pickup makes grieving mother smile
- Police log: Partiers heard dangling children over balcony
- Update: Man confirmed drowned in Diamond Lake