Age 50, passed away on Wednesday, April 30, 2014, in Albany, OR. He was born on September 12, 1963, in Prineville, OR, to Ray and Judy Walter. Rick was raised in Roseburg and graduated from R.H.S. He enjoyed fishing, hunting, camping, and spending time with his family and friends. Rick requested to have his ashes spread at his favorite fishing spot at Ochoco Reservoir. He is survived by his daughter, Kayla (Justin) Jones; son, Aaron Governor; mother, Judy Walter; brother, Kenny Walter; grandson, Jayse Jones; granddaughter, Aaliyah Governor; and significant other, Christine Harrington. Rick is preceded in death by his father, Ray and brother, Thomas Walter. A Celebration of Life will be held on Saturday, May 17, 2014, at Singleton Park, Roseburg, OR, at 1 p.m., Please bring your favorite side dish or dessert and your favorite Rick story.
Richard Alan Walter
- With marijuana legalization, veterans still looking for clarity
- Healing Waters: Veterans learn that fly fishing may be the best therapy
- Sutherlin Fire Department exceeds expectations after Monday's fire on State Street
- Everyday Entrepreneur: Don't be a bottleneck in your own company
- Police log: Man throws hot chicken at neighbor, threatens people with big fork