Age 80, of Roseburg, passed away, Wednesday, May 14, 2014. He was born on April 6, 1934, on his father’s ship in the Merchant Marines with Germany. He spent 25 years working on ships, sailing various oceans including two years on the Great Lakes. His hobbies included scuba diving, surfing, swimming and underwater photography. He was a charter member of the Coast Guard Axillary and earned many citations. He moved to Roseburg in 1960 and it has been home from that time. Fred became a US Citizen in March of 1968 which was a great source of pride for him. Fred served time in the Canadian Army. He was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He was married to Alicemarie for nearly forty years, she preceded him in death in January 2005. He is survived by two daughters, Nannette and Amy who live in Utah. Fred was laid to rest with his beloved wife in the Civil Bend Pioneer Cemetery. Arrangements under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel.
Manfred K. Schulz
- Douglas Education Service District’s Leanne Reynolds a leader in human resources
- Roseburg man, 55, dead in confrontation with police
- Phoenix School Band Project gives kids outlet, opportunity
- Roseburg’s Kenny Sherman brings Santa alive at Umpqua Valley Festival of Lights
- Roseburg’s Carole Hobbs goes big inside for Christmas