Sophia went home to be with her Heavenly Father on Friday, May 16, 2014, at the age of 92. Her husband, James Risley and her son, Ronald Risley preceded her in death. She left behind her two daughters, Trish Hayes and Susan Bates. Sophia lived her life for the Lord, she loved watching her grandchildren grow and have more children. Sophia never met a person she couldn’t talk to or call friend. Through Sophia’s life she was a teacher and counselor. She was a foster parent, a wonderful seamstress, a cake decorator, she loved to can things from her garden and made the most wonderful green beans and jams. A graveside service will be held on Friday, May 23, 2014, at 11 a.m. at Roseburg Memorial Gardens. Memorial services will be on Saturday, May 24, 2014, at 1 p.m. at the Garden Valley Church. Arrangements are under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel.
Sophia Christine Risley
- Roseburg woman nearly hits 1-year-old with hammer
- Missing Myrtle Creek man found dead by Coos County Sheriff's Office
- Ten juveniles cited at weekend house party in Roseburg
- Police log: Woman's Eugene-based 'shrink' attempting to steal her home
- "We're going to have to get this guy" — How a Roseburg man helped subdue a suspected terrorist