Age 55, passed away on Wednesday, May 21, 2014. He was born on November 28, 1958, Houston, Texas, to Iva J. Riggs and MJ Reed. Morris loved track and field, was good at Wrestling and learned to play the saxophone. He graduated from High School in 1978, enlisted and went into the Air Force in 1982. Morris liked muscle cars, enjoyed watching movies, had a green thumb and loved baking for his family. Morris believed in helping others, he volunteered for the clean-up and rebuild during the disaster of Hurricane Katrina. He is survived by daughter, Misty Leah Reed; Mother, Iva J. Fuller; Brother, Ron D. Reed; sister, Melody J. Purcella and Robyn D. David; several nephews, one niece and lots of aunties and cousins. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, May 30, 2014, at the Roseburg VA Memorial grounds.
Morris Oree Reed
- Woman suing Bigfoot Beverages after allegedly slipping on puddle of soda syrup
- Long-lost friends reunite after nearly 70 years
- Chamber Corner: Oakland gearing up for busy, eventful 2016
- Umpqua Basin Partnership receives grant to protect, improve habitat
- Timber Report: Wood products business off to a slow start in 2016