Roger went to be with his Heavenly Father on Saturday, May 17, 2014. He was born to Marcia and Lawrence Muckey in Sioux City, Iowa. He grew up in Concord, California, and went on to pursue his teaching degree at Southern Oregon State College. There he met his future wife Susan and graduated with a Master’s Degree in Science and Outdoor Education. Roger began his teaching career in Sacramento, California, but moved back to Oregon, and taught at Eastwood School for 30 years. Roger loved anything outdoors. He was an avid fisherman, hunter, enjoyed camping, traveling and spending time with friends and family. He loved to teach children. He is survived by his wife, Susan; son, Scott; brothers and their wives, Bob and Gayle, Mark and Susan, Steve and Phyllis; six nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. A celebration of his life will be held at First Christian Church, 432 S.E. Kane St. on Saturday, June 7, 2014, at 3 p.m. If you wish, in lieu of flowers, please make a contribution to a favorite charity.
- Douglas County commissioners table plan to charge fees to dump trash at landfill
- Roseburg teen in serious condition; two other county residents on the mend
- Roseburg woman cited in payroll theft
- Department of Human Services Senior Services office exits Douglas County health building
- Winston man accused of sex abuse asks to withdraw guilty plea