May 7, 1950 - June 9, 2014, of Salem, Oregon. Delores was born in Burlington, Colorado, to Vernon and Willadean Michael. She met and fell in love with Anthony D. Bakke and they married at the age of 16. They lived in Myrtle Creek, Oregon for many years and eventually moved to Salem where they have resided for over 20 years. They raised three children of their own but had room in her heart and home for many other children who called her Mom. She enjoyed crocheting blankets but mostly she enjoyed giving her family her most precious gift, her time. She passionately loved her Lord and Savior, a legacy her Mother passed on to her. Delores was known to help anyone who had a need. She will be deeply missed by her husband, Anthony, children: Candace , Shannon and Christine Bakke, grandchildren; Zoe K. Nickell, Madelyn Bakke, Katelynn Bakke, brothers; James D. Michael, Phillip G. Michael and Ricky D. Michael. She was preceded in death by her parents, Vernon and Willadean, brother, Gary Michael. A Celebration of Life will be held Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. Weddle Funeral Chapel, Stayton, OR. Arrangements entrusted to WEDDLE FUNERAL SERVICES.
Delores K. Bakke
- Woman suing Bigfoot Beverages after allegedly slipping on puddle of soda syrup
- Long-lost friends reunite after nearly 70 years
- Chamber Corner: Oakland gearing up for busy, eventful 2016
- Umpqua Basin Partnership receives grant to protect, improve habitat
- Timber Report: Wood products business off to a slow start in 2016