Went home to be with her Lord on Friday, July 11, 2014. She was born on June 13, 1928 in Jay, Oklahoma to Marion and Bertha Gardner. In 1945 she married the love of her life, Charlie Thompson. Dorothy moved to Oregon in 1946 where Charlie joined her when his enlistment in the US Army came to an end during which time he served in World War II. She worked a few jobs including at a canning factory for a short while, but mostly she enjoyed being a stay at home mom to her four children and helping to take care of her many grandchildren and great- grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband of almost 50 years, Charlie Thompson, two sisters, Clara Durham and Merle Fipps, one brother Carl Gardner and a great-grandson Joshua Coultas. She is survived by her children Carol (Bob) Richardson, Fran (Dave) Humbert, Donn (Linda) Thompson and Judy Pruett, her brother Floyd Gardner, 13 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren, one great-great-grandchild and many nieces, nephews and extended family members. A viewing will be held on Friday, July 18 from 3pm to 5pm at Taylor’s Family Chapel with a funeral service to be held on Saturday, July 19 at Winston Family Worship Center (465 NE Lillie Ave) with Bob Richardson and Johnnie Artherholt officiating. She will be laid to rest with her husband at Oak Creek Cemetery.
Dorothy Wynema (Gardner) Thompson
- Roseburg woman nearly hits 1-year-old with hammer
- Missing Myrtle Creek man found dead by Coos County Sheriff's Office
- Ten juveniles cited at weekend house party in Roseburg
- Police log: Woman's Eugene-based 'shrink' attempting to steal her home
- "We're going to have to get this guy" — How a Roseburg man helped subdue a suspected terrorist