Age 86, passed away on Monday, July 7, 2014 in AZ, where he was living at the time with his daughter and her husband, after living in Winston for many years. He was born on March 9, 1928 in Pawnee City, NB. During WWII, he was in the Army, where he married his first wife and had 3 children with her. He was a carpenter by trade and enjoyed working with wood after retiring. As a young man, he broke and trained horses. He is survived by his sister and her husband Melva & Bob Ramaeker of NB, son Don Caswell, daughter Cherie Holt, son in law Fred Holt, grandsons AJ and Shawn Caswell. He was preceded by his oldest son Dean Caswell. His family and friends will miss him.
Ivan Eugene Caswell
- UCC SHOOTING RAMPAGE: At least 10 reported dead including shooter (VIDEO)
- Emergency alert system failed during massacre, UCC faculty say
- Youngest victim's mother: "My daughter is very strong and she's going to get through this"
- High school students honor UCC victims with solemn halftime of football
- List of the nine victims of the UCC shooting