Age 95, of Roseburg, Oregon, passed away Saturday, August 9, 2014 peacefully, surrounded by her family at her home. She was born March 23, 1919 in Salt Lake City, Utah, the 7th of nine children, to Charles Audra and Lilly Susan (Bennett) Wall. Vida graduated from John C. Freemont High School in Los Angeles, California. She worked as a housewife and school secretary. Vida volunteered at Mercy Medical Center and at the Veterans Administration Hospital. She attended the First United Methodist Church. Her children and grandchildren were her #1 hobby. Vida also enjoyed handcrafts of all kinds, especially sewing and crocheting. Survivors include her daughter Suma Shaazmunda and her spouse MiaTree Oquilo and Manya Nicholson; son Max John Mizejewski; grandchildren Max John Mizejewski Jr., Theodore Arthur Gegoux and Elizabeth Mizejewski; great-grandchildren Stephen Dare Mizejewski and Keira Sullivan Gegoux; numerous people from Southern Oregon, Southern California and coast to coast. Vida was preceded in death by her husband of 50 years, Maxx Mizejewski; parents; son Melvin Duane Mizejewski and eight siblings. The family is holding a private memorial service. Private cremation rites have been held. Inurnment will be held in Eagle Point National Cemetery next to her husband Maxx. The family would like to thank the many people of Hospice of Mercy Medical Center. Please visit www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com to leave the family fond memories and condolences.
Mrs. Vida W. Mizejewski
- Police looking for two armed robbers
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Tri City groups protest proposed dispensary, compare Myrtle Creek to mob boss
- Police arrest man believed to have killed girlfriend
- UPDATE: Roseburg hero Alek Skarlatos takes third place on 'Dancing with the Stars' Tuesday on ABC