Age 84, a devout Christian went home to be with the Lord, Saturday, August 9, 2014. He was born on March 3, 1930 in Ottawa, Kansas to Virgil & Thelma Jones. He married Mary Atchison in Ottawa, Kansas on June 4, 1950. They celebrated their 64th Anniversary this year. He moved to West Linn, Oregon in 1950 and worked at Crown Zellerbach. He moved to Roseburg in 1951 and worked as a millworker at Evans, Roseburg Lumber, and Douglas County Lumber. His hobbies were golfing, bowling, and wood working. He also loved camping and traveling. He will be greatly missed. He was preceded in death by his parents Virgil & Thelma Jones, his brothers, Bob Jones & Larry Jones, and his sister Rosemary Craney, and a granddaughter Lilia Mendenhall. He is survived by his wife Mary Jones, his four children, Cindi Jones, Ron Jones, Janet Segur, and Gloria Chappell: his grandchildren are Christopher Matthews, Jonathan Jones, Lane Atherton, Jeremy Chappell, Bethany Chappell, and Levi Chappell. All are welcome to attend a celebration of life service at New Life Christian Center, August 16, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. Thanks to Amedisys Hospice, Rebecca, Kathy, Nick, and Dr. Timothy Powell for their loving care.
Harold E. Jones
- Search suspended for two boys missing and presumed drowned
- Two Roseburg teens mourned after drowning accident in South Umpqua
- Small Business: Innovation, then execution, can lead to business success
- Duggar sex abuse allegations, a call for culture change | Moms
- Publisher's Notebook: Appreciating the cost of freedom