Age 86, of Yoncalla, Oregon, passed away August 14, 2014 in a Springfield, Oregon hospital. She was born December 3, 1927 in Toledo, Ohio to Homer and Laurel Parsons. Prior to moving to Yoncalla, Phyllis lived in Sutherlin, Oregon and Fontana, California. She was a member of The Father’s House, the VFW Auxiliary and TOPS where she was president for many years and also won numerous awards. Phyllis enjoyed crafts, crocheting and reading. Survivors include her daughters Diane of Yoncalla, Oregon and Loralee of Arkansas; sons Tom and his wife Peggy of Hesperia, California, Jim and his wife Thelma of Plover, Wisconsin, Terry of Airway Heights, Washington and Ronald of Yoncalla, Oregon; brother Edmund and his wife Rose of Toledo, Ohio; many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews and cousins. Phyllis was preceded in death by her parents; husband of 61 years, Edward R.; sons Edward (Bud), Clarence (Gene), Wayne and Raymond, brothers LaVern, Bob and Oliver and grandson Jay Ivan. Funeral services will be held Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 10:00 am at The Father’s House 378 E Second Ave. Sutherlin. In lieu of flowers the family requests that contributions be made in Phyllis’ memory to Hospitality House 214 Reidhurst Ave. Nashville, TN 37203. Please visit www.sutherlinchapeloftherosesfh.com to leave the family fond memories and condolences.
PHYLLIS G. DAZEY
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Douglas County sees 65 percent increase in littering calls since dump fees implemented
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- Police: Man put woman in 'sleeper hold' and tied her up shortly before woman's death
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'