A celebration of the life of James Rodney “Rod” Holcomb will be on Saturday, August 23 at 1066 Big Bend Road, Roseburg. He passed away Saturday, August 9. Rod was preceded in death by his father, Donald Holcomb, Sr. He is survived by his wife, Sharon Bean Holcomb, daughters Audra Holcomb Ball, Dawn Holcomb Lewis, Cristy Holcomb Wells, his mother Lorna Holcomb, step daughter Vikee Bean, step son Tom Bean, siblings Donald Holcomb Jr. Karen Holcomb Skarlatos and numerous grandchildren, nieces and nephews. Rod had two great-grandsons. Rod was born in Aberdeen, Washington on Feb. 14, 1948 to Lorna Scott Holcomb and Donald Holcomb Sr. He grew up in Riddle, Oregon, where he attended schools. After graduation, he joined the US Army and was shortly deployed to Vietnam where he served with the 537th Engineer Co. In 2004, Rod moved to Clear Lake, California, where he owned and operated Paradise Pizza and Pasta. In 2006 he married the love of his life, Sharon Bean. Rod loved life. His family, friends and fellow riders were the highlight of his life. He traveled around the country on his Harley with several of his friends regularly. He will be missed by all. His loving spirit and giving heart will long be remembered, and he will be at the gates of Heaven asking where he can park his Harley.
James Rodney “Rod” Holcomb
- Douglas County commissioners table plan to charge fees to dump trash at landfill
- Roseburg teen in serious condition; two other county residents on the mend
- Roseburg woman cited in payroll theft
- Department of Human Services Senior Services office exits Douglas County health building
- Winston man accused of sex abuse asks to withdraw guilty plea