A celebration of the life of James Rodney “Rod” Holcomb will be on Saturday, August 23 at 1066 Big Bend Road, Roseburg. He passed away Saturday, August 9. Rod was preceded in death by his father, Donald Holcomb, Sr. He is survived by his wife, Sharon Bean Holcomb, daughters Audra Holcomb Ball, Dawn Holcomb Lewis, Cristy Holcomb Wells, his mother Lorna Holcomb, step daughter Vikee Bean, step son Tom Bean, siblings Donald Holcomb Jr. Karen Holcomb Skarlatos and numerous grandchildren, nieces and nephews. Rod had two great-grandsons. Rod was born in Aberdeen, Washington on Feb. 14, 1948 to Lorna Scott Holcomb and Donald Holcomb Sr. He grew up in Riddle, Oregon, where he attended schools. After graduation, he joined the US Army and was shortly deployed to Vietnam where he served with the 537th Engineer Co. In 2004, Rod moved to Clear Lake, California, where he owned and operated Paradise Pizza and Pasta. In 2006 he married the love of his life, Sharon Bean. Rod loved life. His family, friends and fellow riders were the highlight of his life. He traveled around the country on his Harley with several of his friends regularly. He will be missed by all. His loving spirit and giving heart will long be remembered, and he will be at the gates of Heaven asking where he can park his Harley.
James Rodney "Rod" Holcomb
- Healing Waters: Veterans learn that fly fishing may be the best therapy
- With marijuana legalization, veterans still looking for clarity
- Sutherlin Fire Department exceeds expectations after Monday's fire on State Street
- Police log: Man throws hot chicken at neighbor, threatens people with big fork
- Everyday Entrepreneur: Don't be a bottleneck in your own company