Age 40, of Roseburg, Oregon, passed away on Friday, August 22, 2014. Heidi was a devoted mother, sister, daughter, wife, and friend. Heidi grew up in Southern Idaho and graduated from Jerome High School in 1992. She met the love of her life Richard in 1991. They relocated to Douglas County in January of 1996. She was hired on shortly with Sears as a sales associate and worked in various retail departments for 14 years. In July 2002 she gave birth to Hannah. She married Richard in their home in May 2004. In December 2006 she gave birth to Emma. She was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer while still hospitalized while giving birth to Emma. Her life was a courageous fight and battle to live as long as possible for her two daughters. She has inspired many with her strong will and love of life. Her memory will live on in those that love her. Heidi is survived by her parents David and Juliene Kirk, husband Richard, daughters, Emma and Hannah and sisters Brenda Wesbrook and Ginny Kirk. Services will be Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 11 a.m. at the Unity Church in Roseburg. In Lieu of flowers please make a contribution to the Trust of Heidi Lynn Veley at America West Bank in Roseburg.
- Breaking News: Myrtle Creek man dies in car crash on Interstate 5
- South Umpqua student receives national Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Police respond to report of armed man near Roseburg’s Stewart Park
- Police Log: Child reported missing in Roseburg
- Police Log: Intoxicated women cause scene at Riddle store