John Clayton Starnes, Sr. went home to be with his Lord and Savior on July 27, 2012. He was born on December 6, 1934 in Kingsport, Tennessee to parents Harlin K. and Grace (Brown) Starnes. John was united in marriage to the love of his life, Janet Page on October 7, 1955 in Corona, California. He leaves behind his loving wife Janet and four children and their spouses: Anna Fuller and her husband Rob of Estill Springs, Tennessee; John Starnes, Jr. and his wife Diane of Oakland, Oregon; Daniel Starnes and his wife Delana of Cottage Grove, Oregon; Cheryl Bartz and her husband Russ of Bend, Oregon as well as eleven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. John spent 48 years in grocery work in California and Oregon. After retirement, he enjoyed woodworking, camping and fishing. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at New Hope Fellowship in Sutherlin, Oregon. Arrangements are under the direction of Taylor's Family Chapel 541-679-6983.
John Clayton Starnes, Sr.
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- LaVonne Katherine Ackerman
- James Elliot Witt
- Lori Lynn David Rothrock
- Thomas (Tom) McClendon
- Verla Marie Boyles
- UMPQUA NATIONAL FOREST: Crews contain forest fire, restrictions in effect
- Roseburg Walmart associate turns 99 years old, keeps working
- BREAKING NEWS: Roseburg police identify victim in Fast Stop Market homicide, arrest local man
- Community remembers murdered Roseburg mother of four
- Roseburg man arraigned in convenience store murder