John Clayton Starnes, Sr. went home to be with his Lord and Savior on July 27, 2012. He was born on December 6, 1934 in Kingsport, Tennessee to parents Harlin K. and Grace (Brown) Starnes. John was united in marriage to the love of his life, Janet Page on October 7, 1955 in Corona, California. He leaves behind his loving wife Janet and four children and their spouses: Anna Fuller and her husband Rob of Estill Springs, Tennessee; John Starnes, Jr. and his wife Diane of Oakland, Oregon; Daniel Starnes and his wife Delana of Cottage Grove, Oregon; Cheryl Bartz and her husband Russ of Bend, Oregon as well as eleven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. John spent 48 years in grocery work in California and Oregon. After retirement, he enjoyed woodworking, camping and fishing. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at New Hope Fellowship in Sutherlin, Oregon. Arrangements are under the direction of Taylor's Family Chapel 541-679-6983.
John Clayton Starnes, Sr.
- Family, classmates grapple with loss of Roseburg teens
- Two Roseburg teens mourned after drowning accident in South Umpqua
- Myrtle Creek man accused of sexual abuse of a 3-month-old girl is sentenced to 60 months in jail
- Search suspended for two boys missing and presumed drowned
- UCC President Joe Olson announces retirement