Michael Lee Cross passed away on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at the age of 98. He was born on February 26, 1914 in Molina, Colorado. He was married to Billie Cross for sixty years before she passed away in 2000. Michael had a construction company for many years. First in Parker, Arizona for ten years then he moved to Southern and Northern California and built many highways. He retired and moved to Fort Jones, California where he was a rancher and fulfilled his love for horses. He moved to Days Creek, Oregon in 1976 and brought his horses with him which lived a long happy life. He met many friends and loved it there. After his wife passed away in 2000 he moved to Roseburg to be close to family. He loved hunting, fishing and the outdoors. He met Burnice Hartong and remarried in 2007. They had a happy life until she passed away a few years later. Michael was preceded in death by brother Gene Cross, sisters Audrey Spinelli and Jewel Bossingham and nephew Larry Cross. He leaves behind many family and friends, close friend Evelyn Anderson; nieces and nephews Sharon Shearer, Steve Derian, Rick Cross, Doreen May, Nancy Gustafson, Sally Murren and Billie Grant. No services will be held at his request. Cards may be sent to Sharon Shearer at 151 Greenhill Drive, Roseburg, Oregon 97471. Arrangements are under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees