Age 73, passed away October 26, 2012 at her home with family at her side. Betty was born November 19, 1938 to Hugh and Helen Hawthorne in Klamath Falls, Oregon and attended Klamath Falls city schools through her sophomore year. She received her diploma from Douglas High School in 1958, and attended beauty college after high school graduation. Betty married Grant E. Feero on February 17, 1956, and was a wonderful mother to her three children. She enjoyed reading, bowling, card games and casino trips with her friends, and traveling with her husband. She was a dedicated caregiver to her children, and a loving grandmother. She was preceded in death by her parents, Hugh and Helen, two infant siblings Nancy and Edward, her husband Grant and her infant son Gerard. She is survived by her children: Neal Feero, Dennis Feero and Cyndi Newton and her grandchildren: Tyler Feero, Staci Feero and Jessica Feero. She is also survived by her uncle and aunt, Harold and Marge Laird; sister-in-law Ina Peralta; nieces Laura Harryman and Grace Peterson and her nephew Ron Harryman. Betty and her family wish to extend their gratitude to Dr. Townsend, her nurse Denise from Amedysis Hospice and Aileen Loomis and her associates for their loving care during her illness. Donations in Betty’s memory should be directed to the Shriner’s Children’s Hospital. A Memorial Service will be held to honor Betty at Chapel of the Roses on Monday, November 5, 2012 at 2 p.m.
Betty L. Feero
- Douglas County sees 65 percent increase in littering calls since dump fees implemented
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Police: Man put woman in 'sleeper hold' and tied her up shortly before woman's death
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'