Janis K. (Dowdy) Bentley passed away peacefully in her sleep on Wednesday November 14, 2012. She was born January 6, 1935 to Ronald B. and Mamie (Dozier) Dowdy in Wayne, Oklahoma. After moving to Oregon she graduated from Roseburg High School and enjoyed planning and attending her “class of 53’ reunions. On July 16, 1953, she married Jim Prowell and they were happily married until his death in 1994. Janis is survived by her children; son Vince (Ruby) Prowell and daughter Marchelle (Shelley) Quiroz (husband Robert L. Quiroz) and grandchild Keela Sutton (husband Jacob) and Maria Quiroz (Andres Cardenas) and Natalie. One great-grandson Dylan and second great grandchild to be born June 2013. In 2001 she married Wayne Bentley. Throughout the years they spent their time traveling to their homes in Yuma, Arizona; Florence, Oregon; and Roseburg, Oregon. More survivors are her three loving sisters (they were always known as “The 4 Dowdy girls”) Mitzi Sulffridge, Karen Hull, and youngest sister Ronnie Bates. Also survived by her step-children Doug Bentley and Jennifer Monore and their children. Services will be held on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 3:30 p.m. at Roseburg Alliance Church (RAC) 2165 NW Garden Valley Blvd.
Janis K. (Dowdy) Bentley
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- Police: Man put woman in 'sleeper hold' and tied her up shortly before woman's death
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Two men arrested for robbing Wal-Mart