Passed away on November 15, 2012 at the age of 47. He was born on December 9, 1964 in Concord, California to parents Ernest and Carol (Justice) Ray. Mike was an active member of the Tri-City Fire Dept. He served the public for 34 years serving on the Tri-City Rural Fire Dept at the age of 14 as a cadet, he then served on the Riddle, Canyonville, and in Darby Montana on the Darby Fire Dept. He enjoyed rodeo, hunting and all things outdoors. Mike was an avid NASCAR fan. He was preceded in death by his half brother Tommy Ray; Aunt Rosale Munson, uncle Larry Justice, uncle Joe Gibbons and his grandparents Harold and Olete. Mike is survived by his parents Earnest and Carol of Myrtle Creek; sons, Brandon Michael, Blake Allen, Richard Farmer, and daughter Nicole Farmer; fiance Kim Farmer; brother Jeff, half brother Mike Ray and his wife Rikki; sister Carol Raley and her husband Richard; an uncle Charles Justice; an aunt Peggy Gibbons; numerous nieces, nephews and friends. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Mike Ray Memorial Fund at any South Umpqua Bank location. Funeral Services will be held on Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 1:00 p.m. at the South Umpqua High School Gymnasium with a potluck to follow at the Tri-City Fire Department. The family invites you to sign Mike’s online memorial webpage at www.taylorsfamilychapel.com
Michael Scott Ray
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Police looking for two armed robbers
- Tri City groups protest proposed dispensary, compare Myrtle Creek to mob boss
- Police arrest man believed to have killed girlfriend
- UPDATE: Roseburg hero Alek Skarlatos takes third place on 'Dancing with the Stars' Tuesday on ABC