Passed away on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at the age of 82. He was born in Montrose, Colorado on October 31, 1930 to parents Cleo and Ada (Orr) Moore. LeRoy grew up in Colorado where he worked on a dairy farm his parents owned, he also worked in the mines there. He moved with his family to Oregon in 1962 and was employed at Roseburg Forest Products where he retired after 30 years. He would often take his summer vacations going back home to Colorado to visit. LeRoy was a Baptist minister and enjoyed hunting, fishing and camping on the Oregon coast. But most of all he enjoyed spending time with his family. In retirement he enjoyed playing shuffle board every week where he made several lifelong friends. He was preceded in death by his sons Michael Moore and Richard Moore. LeRoy is survived by daughters Becky Miller and Sherry Mann; a sister Shirley Roady of Roseburg; grandchildren: Heather Flemming, Sabrina Mann, Michael Moore, Christopher Moore, Jason Howell, Lakin Hatsell and Lorin Howell; great-grandchildren as well as numerous nieces, nephews and cousins. Memorial services will be held on December 3rd at 11:00 a.m. at Taylor’s Family Chapel.
LeRoy Glen Moore
- Douglas Community Hospital redesign underway; construction slated to begin in January
- Cops and courts reporter leaves News-Review
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Martina McBride, Kansas will headline the 2015 Douglas County Fair
- Man accused of causing scene at Roseburg restaurant
- Police Log: Caller fears missing neighborhood cats are in her freezer