Age 92, passed away peacefully with family by her side. She was born in Beaulac, Quebec, Canada. She worked in Montreal where she met and married Andre Desrochers in 1947. They immigrated to West Covina, California, where they both worked. In 1980 they moved to Winston, Oregon; Andy worked for the Regional Wood Products Company till his retirement. Both were members of Roseburg St Joseph’s Catholic Church. Frances was active with the community project known as “The Church Kitchen” where she made many friends. She is survived by her sisters Charlotte deMontigny; Pierrette Goddette; Renee Grenier; Renaude Hatsedakis; Suzanne Larocque; her daughter Kathy Mercereau and two granddaughters, Amanda Roberts and Jennifer Thorne. She recently moved to Gibson Creek Assisted Living Facility in Salem in order to be closer to family. After a hospital stay, her niece Lola took her into her home so we could all take care of her along with the help of Odyssey Hospice. Frances was loved by all her family and friends. She will be greatly missed. Mass will be held on Monday, January 14, 2013 at St. Joseph Catholic Church at 12:10 p.m. Father Cletus as celebrant. Reception will follow. Arrangements are under the direction of Taylor’s Family Chapel. 541-679-6983.
- Man arrested on suspicion of assaulting 9-year-old girl
- Adult Shop robber bought stun gun day before attack
- Police: Man put woman in 'sleeper hold' and tied her up shortly before woman's death
- UPDATE: Alek Skarlatos' mom reacts to son's third place finish, audience support on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Two men arrested for robbing Wal-Mart