Age 86, passed away from natural causes at his home in Roseburg, Oregon on Monday December 31, 2012. Clifton was born November 21, 1926 in Laramie, Wyoming to Roy and Jeannie Alexander. He attended College at the University of Colorado and Oregon State, earning his bachelors degree in Mathematics. Clifton served in the United States Army during WWII and retired from NASA after 28 years as an Investigator. He was a member of The Masonic Lodge in Colorado and acted as a Master Mason, and was of Episcopalian Faith. Clifton was preceded in death by his wife, Alyce, of 25 years in 2004. He is survived by his sons, Kent Alexander in Roseburg, OR, Scott Alexander in Denver, Colorado, Edward (Sheryl) Von Ruff in Friendswood, Texas, Mike Von Ruff in Houston, Texas, Kirk Von Ruff in Katy, Texas, and David Von Ruff in Costa Rica. A graveside service will be held at Roseburg National Cemetery on Friday, January 11, 2013 at 11 a.m. In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Clifton’s name to The Masonic Home In Care of The Masonic Grand Lodge of Oregon at 2150 Masonic Way, Forrest Grove, OR 97116. Please visit www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com to leave condolences for the family.
Clifton L. Alexander
- Breaking News: Myrtle Creek man dies in car crash on Interstate 5
- South Umpqua student receives national Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Update: Names released in fatal accident reported on Highway 38 near Elkton
- Police Log: Child reported missing in Roseburg
- Feasibility study unveiled for proposed medical-education college in Roseburg