Passed away on January 10, 2013 at the age of 79. He was born September 5, 1933 in Oakland, Oregon, to Albert David and Lura Marie (Kellogg) Hill. Robert was a Douglas County Native and a Veteran. He is survived by his children, John, William, Robin (Larry) and Robert Jr.; five grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and one brother, David (Delores) Hill. He is preceded in death by his parents, one daughter, Janet, and wives, Anna May (Fogelquist), Dorris Mae (Jenkins) and Mila Marie (Avery). Bob worked in the logging industry as a young man and was the owner of the “Paint Bucket Ranch” since the early 70’s. Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. January 22, 2013 at Fair Oaks Cemetery in Sutherlin, Oregon.
Robert Eugene Hill Sr.
- Douglas Community Hospital redesign underway; construction slated to begin in January
- Lynyrd Skynyrd, Martina McBride, Kansas will headline the 2015 Douglas County Fair
- Man accused of causing scene at Roseburg restaurant
- 23 years later, interest in Fish murder hasn't grown cold
- Glendale aerial herbicide spray subject of dispute