Was born July 14, 1942 in North Bend, Oregon to Frank David Williams and Mary Elizabeth (Drollinger) Williams. Shirleen passed away at her home in Canyonville, Oregon on January 22, 2013. She spent her early years in Bridge, OR and attended High School in Myrtle Point, Sutherlin and Coos Bay, graduating from Marshfield High in 1960. Shirleen was an extremely talented craftsperson and artist, specializing in Native American crafts and portraits. Shirleen was married to Dennis Ray Smith in Myrtle Point on September 23,1961, she is survived by her husband Dennis and their children: Cynthia Adele Hammer of Shady Cove; Belinda Christine Wilberg of Tenmile; Cheryl Denise Robinson of Tucson, AZ; and their son Erin Sean Smith of Anza, CA; sister Charlotte Ann Heidenreich of Broadbent, OR; 15 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren. Cremation will be immediate. There will be no services. Shirleen requested that her ashes be scattered at two places of which she had fond memories.
Shirleen Iola (Williams) Smith
- Police log: Man burning grass with blowtorch
- With marijuana legalization, veterans still looking for clarity
- Green man taken to Mercy Medical Center after peaceful standoff with police
- Healing Waters: Veterans learn that fly fishing may be the best therapy
- Police log: Man throws hot chicken at neighbor, threatens people with big fork