Age 88, of Roseburg, Oregon passed away Sunday, January 27, 2013 at his residence. He was born August 21, 1924 in Bakersfield, California to John E. and Gladys E. Hatton. Mr. Hatton graduated from Mohawk High School in 1942 and then attended the University of Oregon. He served in the US Navy during WW II in the Philippine Islands and was honorably discharged as a Lieutenant (JG). Howard worked as a millwright, manager and engineer for Roseburg Lumber Co, Georgia Pacific and Gregory Forest Products. Mr. Hatton enjoyed golf, fishing, traveling and was a member of Good Sam. Survivors include his wife of 68 years Rosemary Hatton; daughter Jean Ira and her husband Joe of Blue River, Oregon; son Wayne Hatton and his wife Carol of Redmond, Washington; brother Rich Hatton of Vancouver, Washington; four grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. Memorial services will be held Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 3 p.m. at Oak Park Assisted Living. Please visit www.wilsonschapeloftherosesfh.com to sign the online guest book and to leave the family fond memories and condolences.
Howard Harvey Hatton
- Douglas Education Service District’s Leanne Reynolds a leader in human resources
- Roseburg teen in serious condition; two other county residents on the mend
- Douglas County commissioners table plan to charge fees to dump trash at landfill
- Nigerian women who escaped Boko Haram are living in Canyonville
- Roseburg woman cited in payroll theft