Paul L. Stone, long time resident of Sutherlin, OR met his Savior on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 90 years of age. Paul was born and raised in Genesee, PA, a place he always loved. After graduation he joined the Marines and proudly served during World War II. He married Darlean Boardwell and together they raised six children. One son: Ronald Paul died at age 11. Darlean passed away after 52 years of marriage. In 1998 Paul and Beverly Johnston were married. Paul often said that God had blessed him with two good wives! Paul is survived by his wife Beverly, children Jim, Kathy, David, Vicki and Tom. His brother: Robert, three stepsons and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren also survive. Paul’s caregivers Julie and Aimee were exceptional. He loved God, his family, driving back roads, the coast and NY Yankees. He was also very proud of his service in the US Marines. Paul was a member of the Sutherlin Seventh Day Adventist Church and the Veterans of Foreign War #2468. Cremation was handled by Sutherlin Chapel of the Roses with inurnment in the Roseburg National Cemetery. A gathering to honor Paul is planned on his birthday, April 16, 2013 He was loved by many and is greatly missed. SEMPER FI!
- Police identify man found at Duck Pond
- Meet Your Merchant: Drain business fulfills dream for brides
- Close to Home: Four-day series to examine Douglas County’s homeless problem
- Close to Home: School districts do more than teach homeless students
- Update: Many Douglas County school districts to remain closed Tuesday