She was born on August 13, 1937. She was taken by all of our worst enemy “DEATH” on January 15, 2013. Isaiah 25:8 confirms the one that will rid this enemy forever by saying, “He will actually swallow up death forever, and the sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces.” What better place than to be in Jehovahs memory, the creator of all. She is survived by her loving husband Kenneth Eugene Rieke; her son Bill Rieke; her daughter Francis Davis; and her son Herb Cole. She had ten grandchildren and several great-grandchildren. We all have so many memorable touching moments that will live in all our hearts forever. Her family looks forward to what Acts 24:15 says, “I have hope toward God, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” Jehovah always does what he says so our family looks forward to when we will hear our mama call out our names in the near future. Instead of tears of sorrow we will have tears of joy. “SEE YOU IN THE MORNING MAMA”
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees