Horace J. Pendergrass of Creswell Oregon, aged 89 years, passed away on February 5, 2013. Horace was born in Roseburg on September 1923 living most of his life in the area. Horace served his country as part of the 82nd Airborne, 507th parachute division during WW II making many jumps behind enemy lines and spending time as a POW. Horace was preceded in death by his first wife (of 50 years) Nora, son Stewart and 3 brothers (Norris, Don and Austin) and 3 sisters (Margaret, Eulva and Hazel). He is survived by his wife Martha; children Stephen and Jennifer and many step and grandchildren. A memorial will be held at the Springfield Memorial Funeral Home (7305 Main St., Springfield) on Tuesday, February 12th at 11 a.m.
- Police identify man found at Duck Pond
- Meet Your Merchant: Drain business fulfills dream for brides
- Close to Home: Four-day series to examine Douglas County’s homeless problem
- Close to Home: School districts do more than teach homeless students
- Update: Many Douglas County school districts to remain closed Tuesday