Horace J. Pendergrass of Creswell Oregon, aged 89 years, passed away on February 5, 2013. Horace was born in Roseburg on September 1923 living most of his life in the area. Horace served his country as part of the 82nd Airborne, 507th parachute division during WW II making many jumps behind enemy lines and spending time as a POW. Horace was preceded in death by his first wife (of 50 years) Nora, son Stewart and 3 brothers (Norris, Don and Austin) and 3 sisters (Margaret, Eulva and Hazel). He is survived by his wife Martha; children Stephen and Jennifer and many step and grandchildren. A memorial will be held at the Springfield Memorial Funeral Home (7305 Main St., Springfield) on Tuesday, February 12th at 11 a.m.
Horace J. Pendergrass
Trending in: SingleObituaries
- John A. Links
- Myrna Irene Danchok
- William (Bill) M. Steinbrook
- Georgia Frances (Smith) Mead
- Allen Wayne Harting (WH)
- Publisher’s Notebook: How much money will Oregon bleed before Cover Oregon is fixed?
- Editorial: Downtown traffic analysis needed before lanes are removed
- Umpqua Community Center opens center to draw and retain veterans
- Becoming a victorious parent | Moms
- Prep Boys Basketball: Irrigon whips Oakland for 2A state title