Sandra went home to be with Jesus on Tuesday, February 12, 2013. Sandra was born August 23, 1930 in Binghampton, New York to Ralph and Margaret Smalley. She attended schools in Binghampton and in Denver, Colorado. She married Willis Weaver the last day of 1947 in Denver, which produced five children. She was a volunteer lifeguard at the Myrtle Creek municipal swimming pool and pool manager there for a number of years. She was also a volunteer at the Veterans facility in Roseburg for a few years. She attended the Nazarene Church in Myrtle Creek and that became a big part of her life. Sandra was a city girl who made good as a farm girl who handles cows and was an all around good right arm. She is survived by her husband of sixty-five years Willis Weaver; sons: Jeffery Weaver and wife Susan; Eric Weaver and wife Loretta; Edwin Weaver; daughters: Jennifer Wilkerson; Cynthia Frady and husband Don; 13 grandchildren, three step grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren and two great-great grandchildren. She was much loved and will leave many happy memories with all who knew her. A memorial service will be held at noon on Saturday, February 16, 2013 at the Nazarene Church in Myrtle Creek.
- Police identify man found at Duck Pond
- Meet Your Merchant: Drain business fulfills dream for brides
- Close to Home: Four-day series to examine Douglas County’s homeless problem
- Close to Home: School districts do more than teach homeless students
- Update: Many Douglas County school districts to remain closed Tuesday