Marguerite passed away peacefully to her home with her Savior on February 7, 2013. She was born on May 22, 1922 in Pasadena, California to Ralph and Laura Cooney Hinkly, because her mother died at her birth, she was raised by her mother’s family, the Cooneys. The family eventually moved to Roseburg where she graduated from Lookingglass High School in 1940. Shortly there after she met and married Darrell Munson. They lived and farmed for several years in Umpqua, Oregon. For many years, and until she retired, she was Judge Donald H. Sanders legal secretary at the Douglas County Court House. During the last 5 years of her life she lived at the Umpqua Valley Nursing Home. Those preceding her in death were her husband, Darrell Munson and two adult children; Marietta Gardner and Dennis Munson. She is survived by her grandchildren, Michelle Bergmann and husband John of Myrtle Creek and Jeffrey Munson and wife Jennifer of Maryland. She had eight great grandchildren and one great-great grandchild. Services will be held at the Chapel of the Roses on February 22, 2013 at 1:00 p.m.
- Sutherlin resident and Pearl Harbor survivor recalls infamous day; local remembrance ceremony cancelled
- Publisher’s Notebook: Isn’t it better to do or sell something than to beg?
- Crafters brave snow, ice to attend annual Douglas County Christmas Craft Fair
- Roseburg hunter tags record whitetail buck
- Branch out from the usual Christmas trees